POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spline object: what is it? : Re: Spline object: what is it? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline object: what is it?
From: Shay
Date: 19 Sep 2002 11:42:44
Message: <3d89f074@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...

> <snip>while your duplicate-removal code might
> have a bug.

In this case it's just too simple to f__k up.

> The mesh2 syntax is mainly useful
> for working with mesh files...the files are smaller and faster to parse.

That is a consideration, albeit a small one. My IRTC entry, currently one
large mesh2 file, already takes about 8 seconds to parse. Another
consideration is that when forming mesh objects not generated by an
equation, the vertices must be grouped anyway in order to calculate the
normal vectors. The work to translate the file into a mesh2 after having
grouped the vertices for the purpose of calculating the normal vectors is so
small that it is worth it to me to complete the conversion even for a small
consideration. This is of course provided that my code is error free, which
I am confident it is.

 -Shay